Tuesday, September 21, 2010

CQ Update #5...

Not a lot of progress on this the last couple of days.  Too many other things have required most of my time.  So here's where the block stands now...

Crazy Quilt Block

The only difference from my last update is the patch in the upper left hand corner.  It's a patch of violets.  I made the flowers using 4mm variegated purple silk ribbon and a Ribbon stitch.  The center of the violets are Colonial Knots using 4mm yellow silk ribbon.  After I stitched a bunch of the flowers in various sizes, I went back and added leaves using the Detached Chain stitch and Ribbon stitch with 4mm green silk ribbon.

Block #5 - Patch of Violets

After adding what seemed to be hundreds of leaves, I realized they were covering up too much of the petals and making them appear flat.  So I went back and added additional petals on top of the others to make them stand out more.

I'm practicing my Spider Web Rose tonight because I want to add a bunch of them to the fence in the bottom right hand corner.  I expect that patch will take a little longer to complete than some of the others.  If you remember, my deadline for this block was supposed to be September 22nd (or tomorrow).  Obviously that's just not going to happen, but Elaine has been very understanding about the delay.  I'd rather take a little longer and put my best effort into it then slap something together just to call it done.  Although I only have 6 more patches to complete, so it shouldn't be too much longer...

Until later...


"I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread." 
Job 23:12 (NIV)

2 comments:

  1. I would not beat yourself up - your block is looking amazing! I really have enjoyed how you have photographed all the details you have put in. It is a lot of work and it shows in the piece how well you are doing - Now get to work and get it done, ha ha - kidding. Keep up the great work and fabulous posts!

    ReplyDelete