I did a lot of different quilting on this one. First, I spray basted it using 505 Temporary Spray Adhesive and quilted in the ditch around all of the octagons and in the borders. I then embroidered snowflakes in each of the octagons using my embroidery machine. What a quick way to fill in those blank spaces!
|Embroidered Snow Flakes|
|Loop de loops and Stppling|
|Painter's tape marks the stitching lines|
|Label for Holly Jolly|
|David taking a bath on top of my sewing machine|
|David helping again|
- Size: 31" square
- Fabrics: Ready Set Snow yardage and charm pack, Kona Cotton White for background
- Batting: Warm &White
- Thread: Aurifil 50 wt
- Pattern: Charlotte from 3 Times the Charm by Barbara Groves and Mary Jacobson
- Quilting: Straight line, Free Motion and Embroidery
- Completed: September 4, 2011
- Recipient: My sister and her children
- I spray basted it before I got sick. I didn't get around to quilting it for about 3 weeks, but the spray held. I was pleasantly surprised and it didn't gum up my needle at all.
- I spent extra time on quilting this one and I'm so glad I did. I think the quilting really makes it pop and was definitely worth it. I need to keep that in mind for the next project.
- I highly recommend the book this pattern came from. 3 Times the Charm has 7 different patterns and shows each of them made up in 3 different fabric combinations. Also, each quilt only requires a single charm pack and a small amount of yardage to make!
Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful.
Proverbs 16:20 (NLT)