Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Great gals and lots of fun...

Quilt bee met at my house today for lots of food, fun and conversation.  Although we meet every week, we set today aside for a charity project.  Ladies brought their machines and fabric so we could make pillowcases for the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge.  And boy did we ever!

I thought this would also be a great opportunity to use up the fabric in my stash that I had purchased with charity projects in mind.

I have tons of animal prints and a lot of children's prints as well.

Combined with the fabric that the wonderful ladies in my quilt bee brought, we were able to complete 31 pillowcases!  And we have another 32 in various stages of completion.  We have enough fabric to make even more, but after a full day of ironing, cutting and sewing, we were all pretty tired.

Here are just a few of the ones we finished.  And they all have french seams in them to give them nice finished edges.  It was the first time some of the ladies had done them and it was both a learning experience and a comedy act as people kept repeating to themselves "wrong sides together".  (You had to be there...)

Thanks ladies for all your hard work!

Until later...

1 comment:

  1. Great job!

    I thought about mentioning this at Guild this month. Since you have made some, I will pass the torch to you if you would like to share the info.