The pattern for this quilt is 'Doc' and I used Chutes & Ladders for the fabric. The only change I made was to add an extra border to make it larger. A lot of the fabric has candy on it and it would make a bright cheerful quilt for a child.
I quilted a simple pantograph on it, Celtic Braid by Patricia E. Ritter.
There was very little left over fabric from this quilt, but I pieced together enough scraps to make a label for the back.
I had a really hard time trying to get a good picture of the finished quilt. Every time I laid it down, Jack would dive under it. (She was having a blast! Me, not so much.) These were actually the best ones I could manage.
So, the stats for this quilt are:
- Size: 50" square
- Fabrics: 2 Charm Packs of Chutes & Ladders, Bella Solid, Moda Marbles
- Batting: Warm & White
- Thread: Aurifil #2326 to piece, Superior Threads So Fine #451 to quilt
- Pattern: Doc by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.
- Quilting: Celtic Braid by Patricia E. Ritter
- Completed: October 2013
- Recipient: Quilts for Kids
Even though it took me a while to finish this one, I'm glad it's done and on it's way to a new home.
He leads the humble in doing right, teaching them his way.
Psalm 25:9 (NLT)