Not a lot of sewing or buying has been happening over here. I'm sure a lot of you can relate. Preparations for Christmas took over most of my time and it was more important to spend time with loved ones than to complete projects. I had hoped to finish the Winter Wonderland top this year, but didn't quite make it. Another couple of hours on it tomorrow should see it done though.
I was so excited to see the Fat Quarter Shop's annual 12 Days of Christmas sale again this year. Looking back at last year, I see that I bought a ton of Jelly Rolls then. Although they had some wonderful deals this year too, it wasn't really on fabric that I was wanting. In the end I only bought 2 pieces of fabric - 6 yards of the Jovial Black Grunge by Basic Grey and 5.5 yards of the blue Reindeer Games by Sandy Gervais...
|5.5 yards of Reindeer Games and 6 yards of Jovial|
Purchased-this-week: 11.5 yards
Used-this-week: 0 yards
Purchased-to-date: 407.75 yards
Used-to-date: 513 yards
Net used: 105.25
I was looking back at my quilting goals for this year. (I posted them here the same time last year.) I had hoped to purchase less than 150 yards of fabric for the whole year. Hmmm. I didn't do a very good job on that one. In fact, I bought about 90 yards more than last year and used 13 yards less.
I'd also hoped to concentrate almost exclusively on my UFO's. I did an OK job on that one. I did get a lot of tops quilted and ended up completing 27 projects this year - 10 of them UFOs. And finally, I made a number of prayer quilts and charity quilts during the year (which was another goal).
As for 2012, I'm planning on the following:
- Continue with my stash report. I'd like to whittle my purchase number down, but I'm not going to commit to a specific number.
- Finish at least 2 quilts for our king-size bed. (I have about 6 planned though and one top waiting to be quilted.)
- Whenever the need arises, drop everything and make a prayer quilt. It's important to have priorities and God's calling is the highest. (A repeat from last year.)
- Make several more quilts and/or pillowcases for charities.
- Participate in Another Year of Schnibbles. I've missed out on this the last couple of years, but plan to play along in 2012. (I already have enough Charm Packs to do the whole year!)
So those are my goals for this new year, how about you?
How great is our Lord! His power is absolute! His understanding is beyond comprehension!
Psalm 147:5 (NLT)