I'm coming to the end of my secret sewing though. Hopefully I'll finish tomorrow. So I've started to think about what my next project should be. And that's when my quilting ADD kicked in. I started digging through my cabinets looking at my kits and projects trying to remember what I had. And seeing them again brought back a renewed excitement to get busy and make them. In addition, there are more projects on the internet that have caught my interest too. What's a girl to do?
Here are just a few of the possibilities in no particular order...
1. Paintbox Quilt - Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson! did a Paintbox Quilt-Along back in 2010 and I've wanted to make one ever since. I've had my fabric sitting there waiting for me to just get to it. I even have the backing fabric - a perfect pink Grunge fabric by Basic Grey.
2. Cheerio Quilt - This is a relatively new addition to my quilting to-do list. It's Camille Roskelley's Cheerio quilt. I think it would make the perfect lap quilt for the red chair in my sewing room made out of a bundle of Scrumptious (coincidentally also by Bonnie & Camille). I even managed to find the perfect backing material at a really great price.
3. Sunkissed Quilt - This is another quilt that I've been wanting to make for a long time. The pattern is a Moda Bake Shop pattern called Sunkissed Jewel Box. I've adapted it to make it king-size. I want to make it out of Buttercup by Fig Tree & Co. I have more than enough fabric for the quilt, backing and even another lap quilt. I picture this as having a soft summery feel to it.
4. Tickled - This quilt is already pieced. It just needs to be quilted. I know right where I want this one to hang and I'd love to have it finished. I'm just not sure how to quilt it.
5. Technicolor Sampler - I've been taking some classes on Craftsy lately and happened across the Craftsy 2012 Block of the Month by Amy Gibson. Not only do I love the look of this quilt, but there's also a class by Leah Day on how to quilt it. The quilting fillers are some I'd definitely like to learn as I could always use more free motion practice.
These are the projects I'm being tempted by right now, although I have a little voice telling me I really should finish quilting my Celebrations quilt. To be honest though, I don't feel like working on it or the closet full of other tops that need to be quilted. I seem to spend a lot of my time working on things I need to work on rather than what I want to work on. But really, quilting is my hobby, not my job.
So we'll see what I end up choosing - if it will be one of these 5 projects or something completely different. I'm rather excited to find out.
As for those pet pictures I mentioned, we're trying to get David used to a harness and leash. To say he's not a fan is a bit of an understatement. (FYI - He's so large we had to buy a dog harness because none of the cat ones would come close to fitting him.)
A gossip goes around telling secrets,
but those who are trustworthy can keep a confidence.
Proverbs 11:13 (NLT)