However, right now my focus has been on trying to finish a quilt by this weekend. It wouldn't have been such a big deal if I hadn't also decided at the last minute to make it so much larger! Initially, it was a respectable 82" x 95". We made it so the quilt would fall to the bottom of the mattress.
But when we thought about who we were making it for, we realized it needed to be longer. This person only has a frame and isn't the type to use a bed skirt or dust ruffle, so we wanted the quilt to fall to the bottom of the box spring. Otherwise, you'd see this unsightly white expanse below the quilt. And of course, I was out of the border fabric already! But we did have plenty of HST's leftover. So I decided to added another pieced border and to try and find a coordinating batik for a final outer border.
As usual, David was oh so helpful while sewing...
|My sewing buddy David|
Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8 (NLT)