Friday, May 27, 2011

Yeah! I've finished a block...

I've finally finished stitching another block for the Baltimore Halloween quilt.  I had to go back through my posts to see when I started it and it was before Thanksgiving last year.  I took a long break from it to embroidery all of the Winter Wonderland blocks as well as a few other things.  This makes 11 of the 12 small blocks done.

Block 11 of Baltimore Halloween
This block had exactly 100 pieces in it and finishes at 10" square.  The owl's eyes are just under a quarter of an inch big.  You would think they were hard to applique, but it was the tops of the acorns that gave me the most trouble.  FYI - I use the Back Basting Hand Applique method for all of these blocks.

Closeup of the owl's eyes
I've already started on the 12th block.  This one only has 67 pieces so should stitch faster.  After that, there's a large center medallion to stitch and I can start putting it all together.  I would love to have the top completed by Halloween of this year!

All of the cats are enjoying the sunshine and warm weather we're having lately.  Jack is usually found in the same place each afternoon napping.  I think I caught her mid-yawn.

Until later...

Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. 
 Ephesians 6:18 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment