Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's about time...

This past weekend, I finally finished making the roll-up window shades for our 'newly' renovated bathroom.  This project has only been on my plate since last November, but I can now officially cross it off my list.

Tub Alcove with new shades
I used a fusible kit I got from JoAnn's.  It's fairly simple, you just fuse your decorator fabric to the backside of the interfacing.

Backside of the shade
The hardest part of the whole project was rethreading my serger in order to serge the edges of the material.  Now I can safely take a bath at night without giving the whole neighborhood a show.  (Although we already had privacy film on these windows, you could still see a silhouette through them if it was night and the bathroom lights were on.)

See the frosted windows?
Another added benefit is we can now sleep in on Saturday mornings.  With just the privacy film, the early morning light still came through the windows and made it difficult to sleep through.

Jack, begging for attention - as usual
This was a picture of Jack I took a couple of weeks ago while in my sewing room.  Every time I stopped petting her, she would cry.  I have never met a cat that loves to be touched as much as her.

Until later...

This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. 
Psalm 118:24 (NLT)


2 comments:

  1. After reading about your "kit"....my thoughts were......"IF I had ONLY known!"
    My sympathy goes out to anyone who takes on curtains/shades/etc. Many scary past stories....but your story seems to be a happy one :0)! They look great!

    ReplyDelete