Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A quilty finish...

Despite all David's help, I finished quilting and binding a charity quilt.

I was calling this one Disappearing 9-Patch, simply because that's the pattern.  Then I decided to rename it Blue Patches, but wouldn't you know I've already named a quilt that?  It was a surprise to me too.  So after struggling with it, I've finally decided to call it 'Charmed, I'm Sure' because the blocks are all made with charm squares I got from swaps I participated in.

This quilt finishes at 59" x 74" and will be donated to Central Children's Home via a very generous lady and her birthday wish.  I quilted the Hedge panto on it from the Sweet & Simple Pantograph Packet.  I just enlarged it by 140% because I wanted it to be a little larger than it came.

I used YLI machine quilting thread in white for the top and a variegated purple for the back.  I believe this thread is a 40 wt.  I loaded the quilt on my frame sideways so it would take fewer passes to quilt the panto.  All in all, I think it took 14 passes to do the entire quilt.

The binding is completely attached using the machine.  I've finally found a method that gives me results I like without having to spend hours hand stitching the binding on the back.  Although I'll still do that for special quilts, I much prefer doing the whole thing by machine.

I really liked the look of this pantograph and will definitely use it again.  So now that I'm done with this one, I need to quickly load another quilt on the frame and get started on it.  This next one is also a gift so I can't share it until it's done and delivered.

Until later...

God has made us what we are. In Christ Jesus, God made us to do good works, which God planned in advance for us to live our lives doing. 
Ephesians 2:10 (NCV)

No comments:

Post a Comment